Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Friends

They are the genuine diamonds of this earth. Although abundant and precious by virtue, there are only so many pure ones. Moreover, these so happen to be the rarest of them all. Yes, they are the most valuable assets of our lives--a prized possession. These things aren't suppose to be use at our disposal but rather kept. They're not something that can be looked down on nor could it ever be replaceable. It deserves the attentiaon it needs not want.

You see there are many people that I have met throughout my entire life. Many come and go and many stays. Those who have stood by me are the ones that I greatly appreciate and value. Because quite frankly, they're usually the hardest ones to come by. And there are those who may have been there but just have slowly drifted away. I'm talking about the gems where you know you just toss in the drawers and don't even wear or carry around anymore. There is something superficial about them.

I'm truly grateful for everyone that I have met and kept. To those I have neglected and simply thrown away, I'm sorry. If there was only someway to fabricate the worth of these things. Ultimately, their actual worth does not amount to their real price.

And then there's the really special one. Can you only hope that you are something of value to her, something that's not easily tossed away.

No comments:

Post a Comment