Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hurry Up & Wait

I didn't know about this band till just recently and let me tell you what, they're awesome.
Making April is their name. They've successfully implemented the use of the piano, guitar, cello, and violin to produce a rather harmonious and dramatic sonata. It is an envy of all bands. Subtle by nature yet captivating to one's ears, their melodic tunes and beats will have you swinging your head left and right. Not only their songs is like a symphony but their lyrics are also what makes it the 'complete' package. Packed with a plethora of symbolism, metaphors, and the cliched love story forces its listener to second think about what they are singing about. Making April does a hell of a job of being part of something unique as to a conventional band.

A song that had held dearly to my heart is, "Hurry Up and Wait." It's exactly what I've felt, feel, and will feel.:

I've been told to remember
Keep your lemur eyes wide
Someday you'll make a life of this
So carry on, carry on
But I've become so offense-less
Despite these weapons i bear
Have we toned up our finest
Or did we take this

Too Far down
The road you know I'm scared to go down
I'm waking up anxious to lay back down
'Cause all i can do here is wait
Just wait, I'll hurry up and wait

Well i can't read her expression
'Cause man this vixen she's sly
As she keeps me suspended
I've lost all control of this flight

We've ravaged our chances to shine
Would you take what I'm giving to you or did i take this
Did we take this

Too far down
The road you know I'm scared to go down
I'm waking up anxious to lay back down
'Cause all i can do here is wait, just you wait

So have it your way
I know you'll be watching with gallant eyes
As we shake the wreckage
And break from these hauntingly silent niights
Break from these silent nights
Will this take forever?
We might have a shot if we'd stray
But what's another day

Of hurry up and wait
Hurry up and wait
Hurry up and wait
It's all that you can do now

No comments:

Post a Comment